When trying to organize the best live wedding band in Toronto for your special day, there are a number of things that soon-to-be-wedded couples often overlook in the process. Let’s take a look at some important questions and considerations:
- Contacting the band. Many live wedding bands in Toronto have a website or phone number, which makes it easy to contact. However, more and more, you will see bands being represented by agents who are responsible for event planning.
- Time and location. The most basic information should come first – is your choice of live weddings bands in the Toronto area available for your wedding date, and if so, are they able to make it to your venue?
- How many shows did the band do in the last year? The best wedding bands of Toronto often have a very busy schedule of performances and events, which will be testament to their popularity and quality.
- What is your instrumentation and genre? Again, the most popular live wedding bands will be multi-genre, and have a variety of instruments, in order to provide a versatile musical experience, and ensure that they appeal to your taste. This is crucial.
- Do you have examples/videos we can watch? A growing number of wedding bands, including The BlueSual Suspects, have pre-recorded videos of their performances at weddings, galas, and concerts, and make them available to clients. Additionally, they also offer video recording services for the wedding itself.
- What is your rate? Of course, hiring a wedding band involves money, and negotiating a price (either as a flat fee or per hour) with the band leader and agent is the next step in this process. Keep in mind that good bands cost more than cheap cover bands – in the end, you can’t put a price on the quality of atmosphere a truly experienced band like The BlueSual Suspects can bring to a wedding reception.
- What do you wear? A hugely overlooked aspects of weddings, it is imperative to question the band about their attire, especially if you are having a very formal wedding. Again, the best Toronto wedding bands for hire have a variety of costumes and suits to accommodate any kind of venue, whether it’s formal black tie or casual.
- Do you do your own sound system? Some bands require a sound technician to be hired in addition, but some groups like The BlueSual Suspects come equipped with their own sound. You’ll be dealing with a group that has spent a lot of time handling their own sound, but it’s an important question to ask in order to make sure you don’t have to hire another company.
- Do you have references? The best live wedding bands in Toronto have their own website, and it’s a quick and easy way to check how legitimate they are. These websites almost always have a testimonial page, so you can check and see what others have said about the band – the best wedding bands in Toronto will also have a list of professional references available on demand.